Treatment to Lower Fats in the Blood
Treatment to lower fats in the blood may include healthy lifestyle changes and medication. If your doctor prescribes medication to lower fats in the blood, take the medication as prescribed. Remember the significance of the healthy lifestyle changes you’ve made. Medications can help as well as lifestyle matters.
What are Fats in the Blood?
Fats in the blood are called lipids. Lipids join with protein in your blood to form lipoproteins. Lipoproteins make energy for your body, so they’re important to the cells in your body.
Lipids are the end product of digesting and breaking down fats in food. Some are made in the body from other energy sources, such as carbohydrates. When you are between meals and need more energy, the hormones in your body release them so you tap those unused calories.
What Causes High Levels of Fat in the Blood?
Most people with high levels of fat in their blood because they eat too much food that is high in fats. On the other hand, some people who have high-fat levels have an inherited disorder. High lipid levels may also be caused by medical conditions such as:
In some people, certain medicines can cause high lipid levels such as:
Ways to Lower Fats in the Blood
Here are the things you can do to improve the lipids or fats in the blood:
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Learn to manage your stress.
- Don’t smoke.
- Base your meals on plant-based foods.
- Reduce the amount of saturated fat you eat to no more than 15 grams per day. Limit foods containing hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Increase your fiber intake to 30 grams per day.
- Include a four to a six-ounce serving of fish two to three times per week for Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Have 2-3 servings of low fat or fat-free dairy foods daily or the equivalent in calcium.
- Spread your food intake throughout the day, eating three meals plus one or two snacks. Large meals tend to raise fats in the blood.
- Limit concentrated sweets. Check labels on candy, juices, pop, snack foods, and cereals.
- Get regular physical activity, preferably at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
Using Omega 3 Forte to Lower Fats in the Blood
Omega 3 Forte is mostly recommended to lower fats in the blood. Omega-3 fatty acids are incredibly important. They have many powerful health benefits for your body and brain.
Research shows that Omega 3 Forte helps a person lose weight. They may be able to help a person stop putting weight back on, which may be because of a high level of fat in the blood. Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for optimal health.