Types and Causes of Lung Disorder
Types and causes of a lung disorder is a major health concern that prevents the lungs from working properly. The term lung disorder refers to many disorders affecting the lungs, such as COPD, infections, pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, lung cancer, and many other breathing problems. Some lung disorders can lead to respiratory failure.
Symptoms of Lung Disorder
- Trouble in breathing
- Feeling like not getting enough air
- Shortness of breath
- Reduced ability to exercise
- Chronic cough
- Bloody cough
- Cough with mucus
- Pain or discomfort when breathing in or out
What are the Types of Lung Disorders?
- Asthma. Asthma causes wheezing, breathlessness, chest tightness, and coughing at night or early in the morning. It is a disease that affects your lungs. It is one of the most common long-term diseases of children, but adults can have asthma, too.
- Bronchitis. It is an infection of the main airways of the lungs causing them to become irritated and inflamed. Bronchitis may also cause a sore throat and wheezing. Read more about the symptoms of bronchitis.
- Pneumonia. When an individual has pneumonia, the alveoli are filled with pus and fluid, which makes breathing painful and limits oxygen intake.
- COPD. It refers to a group of diseases that cause airflow blockage and breathing-related problems. COPD makes breathing difficult and it affects almost 16 million Americans. It includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Lung cancer. Lung cancer is cancer that forms in tissues of the lung, usually in the cells that line the air passages. It is the leading cause of cancer death in both men and women.
- Cystic fibrosis. Cystic fibrosis affects the cells that produce mucus, sweat, and digestive juices. It is a disorder that damages your lungs, digestive tract, and other organs.
- Tuberculosis. It is a bacterial infection that spread through inhaling tiny droplets from the coughs or sneezes of an infected person. Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs, but it can affect any part of the body,
- Emphysema. It is a lung condition that causes shortness of breath. In people with emphysema, the air sacs in the alveoli are damaged. Over time, the inner walls of the air sacs weaken and rupture
What are the Causes of Lung Disorder?
- Smoking. Smoke from cigarettes, cigars, and pipes is the number one cause of lung disease. Don’t start smoking, or quit if you already smoke. If you live or work with a smoker, avoid secondhand smoke.
- Air pollution. Several studies indicate that some pollutants in the air, such as car exhaust, can contribute to lung diseases like asthma, COPD, and lung cancer.
- Radon. This colorless, odorless gas is present in many homes and is a recognized cause of lung cancer. Radon can be reduced in your home if you find out there are high levels.
- Asbestos. It is a natural mineral fiber that is used in insulation, fireproofing materials, car brakes, and other products. Fibers of asbestos can be inhaled even though they are too small to be seen. Asbestos affects lung cells, causing lung scarring and lung cancer.
Asthalin Rotacaps for Lung Disorder Treatment
Asthalin Rotacaps is a medication used to treat symptoms of lung disorder such as breathing problems or bronchospasm Asthalin Rotacaps relax the muscles of the airways going to the lungs making breathing easier. It clears the airways and prevents them from being blocked. Asthalin Rotacaps also relieve coughing and wheezing.