Promethazine is an antihistamine medication used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting that are caused by motion sickness. It is also given to patients before and after surgery to manage nausea and vomiting. Promethazine also treats allergy symptoms such as runny nose, itching, and rash. Buy Promethazine here at its very reasonable price.
How Does Promethazine Work?
Promethazine works by blocking a certain natural substance that your body makes during an allergic reaction. Its other effects such as anti-nausea, calming, and pain relief may work by affecting other natural substances. Promethazine also acts directly on certain parts of the brain.
How to Use Promethazine?
Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually 2 to 4 times daily. Promethazine should be taken 30 to 60 minutes before travel to prevent motion sickness. For allergy symptoms, this medication may be taken at bedtime once daily to avoid feeling sleepy during the day. In case of surgery, promethazine can be taken the night before or just before the procedure and may be continued as directed afterward.
What are the Side Effects of Promethazine?
- Drowsiness and dry mouth
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Dizziness and ringing in the ears
- Stuffy nose and itching
Some serious side effects of Promethazine include:
- Stiff muscles and reduced alertness
- Sweating along with fast or irregular pulse or heartbeat
- Hallucination and confusion
- Hoarseness of voice, rash, and hives
Note that these are not the complete lists of the possible side effects of Promethazine, in cases of severe side effects, seek immediate help.
Storage and Disposal of Promethazine
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Promethazine tablets and liquid should be stored at room temperature away from excessive heat and moisture. Store promethazine suppositories in the refrigerator and avoid storing them in places that have direct sunlight.
Warnings and Precautions When Using Promethazine
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women cannot take medication unless prescribed by a doctor for specific purposes.
- When taking Promethazine, avoid physically demanding activities to avowing fainting or severe drowsiness.
- The dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. Do not increase your dose or take this medication more often than directed.
- Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have a history of breathing problems such as asthma.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness or clear vision until you can do it safely. Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages too.