Promethazine Syrup in Phenergan Brand is an antihistamine medication used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting that are caused by motion sickness. Promethazine syrup is also given to patients to treat symptoms of allergy. Doctors also recommend promethazine syrup before and after surgery to manage nausea and vomiting. Buy Promethazine syrup here at its lowest price.
How Does Promethazine Syrup Work?
Phenergan Syrup is an antiallergic medication that works by blocking the action of histamine, thereby relieving symptoms of allergy. It also works directly on several areas of the brain to prevent nausea and vomiting and help you feel more relaxed. Promethazine syrup also has drying effects that act on the cough center of the brain to reduce the frequency of coughing.
How to Use Promethazine Syrup?
Promethazine syrup is taken by mouth with or without food. Use a marked spoon or container to measure the dosage. Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. This medicine should not be given to infants and children younger than 2 years old. Avoid taking this medication more or less than what is recommended.
What are the Side Effects of Promethazine Syrup?
- Dryness in mouth
- Blurred vision
- Trouble sleeping
Seek immediate help if you or your child any of the following:
- Signs of high or low blood pressure
- Slow or fast heartbeat
- Trouble moving around and fatigue
- Fast or slow heartbeat
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Yellow skin or eyes
- Ringing in ears
- Change in eyesight
This is not the complete list of the possible side effects of Promethazine syrup. Seek immediate help in case of severe side effects.
Warnings and Precautions When Taking Promethazine Syrup
- Promethazine is not allowed for pregnant and breastfeeding women unless prescribed by doctors for emergency use.
- Phenergan syrup may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy so, avoid driving or operating machinery.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney or liver problems before taking Promethazine syrup.
- Take this medication as instructed by doctors, and avoid self-diagnosing or medicating.
- Store this medication in a cool dry place to reduce the risk of spoiling the efficacy of the syrup.
- If you miss a dose of Phenergan syrup, take it as soon as possible, avoid double dosing to avoid worsening the condition. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
There are no reviews yet.