Modafinil reduces extreme sleepiness due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. It also helps in managing obstructive sleep apnea and helps you stay awake during work hours if you have a work schedule that keeps you from having a normal sleep routine. Modafinil is an active ingredient found in Modvigil. It is a nootropic that enhances your cognitive function in several ways. Although there are plenty of smart drugs, Modafinil stands in a class of its own for these reasons:
- It’s a eugeroic a wakefulness-promoting agent, not a stimulant
- It’s not addictive, in fact, it can help people kick addictions
- It has few to no side effects. It is very safe.
- It works really well.
How to Use Modafinil?
It is important to read the label and instructions on the packaging of the medication. Take Modafinil by mouth with or without food or as directed by your doctor. The daily dose of Modafinil may be divided into a morning dose and a noon dose. If you are using modafinil for shift work sleep disorder, take it by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once a day or one hour before you start your work shift.
Talk with your doctor about what to do if you miss a dose of modafinil. It is not recommended to take the medicine if you will not be awake for several hours. Skip the missed dose if it is almost bedtime. Avoid double dosing to make up the missed dosage. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil.
What are the Side Effects of Modafinil?
- Headache, nausea, and nervousness
- Dizziness and difficulty
- Pounding and irregular heartbeat
- Mental and mood changes
- Agitation and confusion
Get medical help if you experience:
Warning and Precautions When Using Modafinil
- Before taking modafinil, tell your doctor if you have drug allergies.
- Inform your doctor if you have a medical history of heart disease, liver disease, or hypertension.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of depression, personal or family history of a substance use disorder, or alcohol addiction.
- Sleep disorders may reduce your ability to react quickly. Though modafinil helps keep you awake, be watchful as modafinil may cause dizziness.
- Avoid operating machinery or driving when you are taking Modafinil.